CTS Safety is a leading supplier of independent engineering examinations and inspections of plant and installations as required by health and safety legislation. Based in Brampton near Carlisle and supporting clients throughout Cumbria, Scotland and the North of England, we are looking for an additional full-time engineer surveyor to join our growing team.
The role involves carrying out thorough examination and inspection of various types of lifting plant and associated equipment, cranes, materials handling equipment, passenger lifts, pressure plant and local exhaust ventilation systems to ensure that they comply with current regulatory and statutory requirements.
The ideal candidate will come from an engineering background with practical experience of a wide variety of plant and equipment and will hold a recognised academic qualification in a mechanical engineering discipline which should be at least HNC, HND, NVQ 4 or equivalent level. The role is based from home with travel across to client site locations to undertake the inspections.
Note: The role of engineering surveyor can be physically demanding and will involve lifting, climbing, working at height, in both hot and cold environments as well as confined spaces.
Key competencies for the role:
• Full and clean driving licence
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong focus on the customer and the confidence to make professional judgements
• Ability to manage own workload, ensuring inspections are completed within set time frames
• Self-motivated and a flexible approach to workload
• Ability to work on own and as part of a team
• Excellent PC and communication skills
CTS Safety offer a competitive salary, workplace pension and a vehicle will be available for business use.
To apply please contact Kim Elsender (email@example.com) for an application form.