In line with recent developments regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in the UK and current government advice we have reviewed our procedures regarding customer site visits.
As a Company we have a duty to not only our employees but also to our clients and any others that may be affected by our actions to ensure, so far as is practicable, that they are not exposed or able to spread the virus. We have issued internal guidance to all CTS Safety employees with regard to controlling the spread of the virus and, in particular the procedures for general hygiene and hand washing.
We also appreciate that, unless the government determines otherwise, business must go on and CTS Safety will continue as far as practicable to provide our usual level of service, therefore, we have set up the following controls in relation to all client site visits:
- The CTS Safety office will make a telephone call to each client site at least one week before a scheduled visit
- The main reason for the call will be to ensure that you are comfortable with us visiting site on the scheduled date
- The call will also establish if the site has had any instances of COVID-19 with your employees or anyone connected to the business, if this is the situation, we will need to make a further assessment to determine if the visit should go ahead
- On the day of the visit the Engineer Surveyor will call the site again to confirm the above
- Before entering the site, the Engineer Surveyor will put on protective examination gloves
- If the Engineer Surveyor needs to use the toilet or take a break, they will remove their gloves and place in a rubbish bag. They will then wash their hands and put on a clean set of protective gloves before continuing to work.
- During the visit the Engineer Surveyor will refrain from shaking hands with contacts on site and, where possible, keep a distance of at least 2 metres from persons on site
- When the examination is completed the protective examination gloves will be removed and placed in a rubbish bag and disposed of in a suitable waste bin
- Work bags, tools, clipboards, etc. will also be cleaned down before leaving site with a suitable wipe, these should be placed in the rubbish bag for disposal.
- CTS Safety company vehicles drivers will ensure that steering wheels, door handles, gear levers, handbrakes and satellite navigation units are also disinfected daily
If the current situation escalates to a point where a ban on travel / lock-down is implemented, we will review our arrangements again.
The coronavirus is undoubtably going to bring some interesting challenges as to how we all operate over the next few months, during this time it is important that we protect the health and well-being of all concerned and, somehow, maintain business continuity.
We will continue to monitor the situation and current advice and we will communicate any further changes should they arise.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding the above or any other issue relating to coronavirus please contact us.